The overall aim of this programme is to produce educators capable of operating at the highest levels within the educational arena, with the ability to integrate theory with practice and apply intellectual and academic rigour, informed by current educational research, to their professional context.
- Education - MA (full-time)
- Educational Leadership - MA
- Education: Community Practice - MA
- Education: Policy and Practice -MA
These awards have been developed after extensive consultation with employers, teachers, education professionals and students. The programme team aims to play a key role in supporting the continuing professional development of teachers, youth and community workers and education professionals.
The key benefits of studying this programme include:
- We take into consideration the 60 Master's level credits accrued by PGCE students, thus allowing them to fast track through the programme.
- Full and part-time home and international students from the various pathways study together, allowing for exchange of ideas across professions and nationalities.
- The period of candidature (up to 5 years part-time and 2 years full-time) allows students greater flexibility with their study schedule.
- Some of the modules are now delivered in a blended format, and some are delivered via block attendance.
- In addition to a dedicated supervisor, dissertation students also have 4 advanced research sessions during their dissertation year.
Learning & Teaching
Modules are available as part of the curriculum, or as accredited short courses which can be counted as credit towards one of the MA pathways. There will be a range of modes of attendance, including:
- evening sessions;
- daytime attendance during
- vacations or weekends;
- workplace delivery.
Bespoke delivery may be possible by arrangement. Bespoke modules may be developed where required.
Employability & Careers
Graduates from the programme have gone on to promotion in the education sector, including school and community management and leadership, curriculum leadership, positions within advisory services, lecturing and research posts in higher education, and work with government education departments across the world.
Entry Requirements & How to Apply
Applicants must have a relevant initial degree at 2:2 classification or above. International students must have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above.
It is also possible to enrol on the course if you are a non-graduate and have a minimum of two years' relevant experience.
Entry is also subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. More details about criminal records procedures can be found at www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/dbs.
Program taught in: