The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Program focuses on strengthening students’ knowledge in their chosen area of concentration, and training for engineering research and development. The program is highly suited to individuals who aspire to take a leading technical role in high value-added business organizations. A candidate for an MPhil degree is expected to demonstrate knowledge in the discipline and to synthesize and create new knowledge, making a contribution to the field.
Predictive and prescriptive analytical tools, demand and supply analytics, revenue optimization, operations research and stochastic modeling, financial engineering and risk management, applications to consulting services, and the knowledge economy.
Design and manufacturing, quality engineering and applied statistics, human factors and ergonomics, biomechanics, cognitive decision and functional brain studies, virtual reality, and industry 4.0.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Logistics management, supply chain, queueing, operations research and stochastic modeling, risk management, service operations management, logistics simulation.
The Department is well equipped with modern and up-to-date laboratories for teaching and research purposes.
Relevant central facilities include The Design & Manufacturing Services Facility (DMSF), and High-performance Computing Clusters (HPC).
To qualify for admission, applicants must meet all of the following requirements. Admission is selective and meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
i. General Admission Requirements of the University
- Applicants seeking admission to a master's degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification;
- Applicants seeking admission to a doctoral degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree with a proven record of outstanding performance from a recognized institution; or presented evidence of satisfactory work at the postgraduate level on a full-time basis for at least one year, or on a part-time basis for at least two years.
ii. English Language Admission Requirements
Applicants have to fulfill English Language requirements with one of the following proficiency attainments:
- TOEFL-iBT: 80*
- TOEFL-pBT: 550
- TOEFL-Revised paper-delivered test: 60 (total scores for Reading, Listening and Writing sections)
- IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score: 6.5 and All sub-score: 5.5
* refers to the total score in one single attempt
Applicants are not required to present TOEFL or IELTS score if:
- their first language is English, or
- they obtained the bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from an institution where the medium of instruction was English.
For more program information, please refer to pg.ust.hk/programs
About the School
Situated at the heart of Asia, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a young and distinguished research university in Hong Kong. Ranked No. 27 in the World in the QS World Univ ... Read More