The MRes Low Carbon Electrical Power and Energy Technology programme provides you with advanced and systematic education and training in the areas of electronic science and technology.
Designed in response to the rapid development of electric power and energy technology in China and worldwide, the programme contains modules covering solar converters, wind power systems, energy storage technology and smart grids.
There is a strong emphasis on hands-on experience and practical skills development. A 12-month extensive research project is required which leads to submission of a dissertation after students have finished the taught modules.
Why Should I Study Low Carbon Electrical Power and Energy Technology at XJLTU?
- Learn in world-class facilities with advanced experimental equipment, including a network analyser, power analyser and electrical machine testing system;
- Engage in cutting-edge research areas such as intelligent and efficient utilisation of emerging electrical power and energy technologies;
- Benefit with the University's close links with international universities, research centres and industry;
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree.
Knowledge and Skills
By the time you graduate from the MRes Low Carbon Electrical Power and Energy Technology programme, you will have:
- an understanding of state-of-the-art electrical power and energy technology;
- the ability to research and critically evaluate trends in current technologies of energy management, sustainability, renewable energy and nuclear energy;
- skills in planning, project management and communicating complex ideas;
- experience in conducting extended research and developing project work.
- Sustainable Energy and Environment
- Nuclear Energy Technology
- Power System Network and Smart Grid
- Research Methods
- MRes Project (Dissertation)
Additional learning activity modules
The completion of additional learning activities is required to complete your master's degree. Normally, required ALA hours will be distributed evenly across each semester, amounting to 200 hours per semester.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for roles in research and development, particularly in the area of electrical power and energy. Graduates may find employment in positions such as electric power system engineer, electric power system consultant, electrical technology consultant, electric power project manager, and sustainable cities and building design consultant.
RMB 90,000 for the entire 18-month full-time programme.
University tuition fees cover the cost of your study with us.
If you are a graduate of XJTLU, the University of Liverpool or Xi’an Jiaotong University, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 per cent of the tuition fee.
Masters students have the option to pay tuition fees in instalments each semester. You can also choose to pay the fees upfront at the time of registration, in this case, a discount of five per cent of the total fees will be offered.
You will be asked to indicate how you would like to pay the fees when you confirm your acceptance of the unconditional offer.
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of up to 50 per cent of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes based on academic merit. Should you wish to apply for XJTLU master scholarship, please submit a scholarship application letter in your application stating the reasons why you should be considered.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai Ranking--75 per cent or above
- Non 211 project; Non-Top 100 of 2019 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% per cent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Shanghai Ranking of The Best Chinese Universities is subject to annual update http://www.zuihaodaxue.com/zuihaodaxuepaiming2019.html
Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme.
- Equivalent academic qualifications.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as: electrical engineering, electronic science and technology, telecommunication engineering, computer science and technology, mathematics, semiconductor physics, automation and control, embedded systems, thermal physics, and other related majors.
English Language Requirements
If English is not your native language or if you have not studied in English at degree level, you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. You should normally possess one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS: 6.0 (minimum of 5.0 in all sections)
- TOEFL iBT: 80
If you miss the English language requirements by 0.5 – 1.0 of an overall IELTS band but meet the language requirements for the Pre-sessional English (PSE) courses (including minimum component scores or equivalents), you may be accepted onto the PSE course subject to Programme Director’s approval. Upon successful enrolment on the PSE course, you will be able to change your XJTLU Master’s offer letter to ‘Unconditional’ for English level.
If you are a conditional offer holder, you can also send an email to email@example.com to apply to take the onsite Password English language test provided by XJTLU in lieu of an IELTS/TOEFL or its equivalent.
Please note that the Password Test is only available to students who have been issued a conditional offer to study at XJTLU. The University provides one Password Test opportunity for each conditional offer holder. Based on the score, students may be admitted or may be required to take and successfully complete the five- or eight-week intensive English presessional course.
Additionally, students who are admitted onto a Master’s programme by taking the Pre-sessional English (PSE) Course are required to complete English language modules listed on the Programme Specification on a pass/fail basis as part of their Additional Learning Activity plan during their studies at XJTLU.
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted via our online application system:
- Click/tap the apply link
- Create an account or log in to your existing account
- Complete your application
Once your application account is successfully created, enter all the information required in the application form carefully and make sure the information you provide is correct, complete and up to date. Upload the required documents to the corresponding fields.
You may log-in to view your application form at any time. If you need to provide any additional supporting documents after you submit the application online, please send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org(with your application ID, name, and applied programme name).
For further details of how to successfully apply to study at XJTLU, please visit the how to apply page.
About the School
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is an international joint venture university founded by Xi’an Jiaotong University in China and the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom in 2006. ... Read More