- Our Master’s programmes bring the dynamic of the workplace into the classroom
- Tutors combine academic theory with real-world application through industry experience
- Optional 18-month programme includes the Professional Development and Practice module*, designed to enhance your employability with potential work experience while you complete your Master’s
- Study at our school in the City of London, with access to workshops, guest speaker events and networking opportunities
- Specialist modules include Corporate Financial Strategy and Financing Business Initiatives
- Provides a firm footing to develop skills and specialist knowledge in management and finance
- Receive professional support to get you ‘career-ready’ on graduation
- On successful completion of this programme, you will also receive a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Diploma
Your masters in management with finance
Our MSc Management with Finance programme provides the verve you need to manage effectively in business. This variant of MSc management is perfect if you are looking to pursue a career in finance or want to accelerate your career as a successful manager.
In term two of the programme, you can study modules tailored to your chosen career path, including Corporate Financial Strategy and Financing Business Initiatives. The Business Project, which you undertake in the third and final term of the programme, brings together the financial aspects of the course. Allowing you to showcase your skills in management and finance.
Professional Development and Practice (P.D.P.) Module
Our Professional Development and Practice (P.D.P.) module is designed to enhance your employability by developing your career ready and transferable skills. This module is a feature of the 18-month full-time programme. It gives you the opportunity to complete your Master’s with practical work experience. This can be a paid or unpaid job, short-term internship, employer-led or Professional Body project, consultancy work or volunteering.
For more information visit our Professional Development and Employability Modules page
How the programme is taught
You will benefit from a programme geared towards the reality of working as a manager. The MSc Management with Finance features a highly effective combination of lectures, small group sessions and blended learning.
The group sessions carry a strong emphasis on contextual student learning. This involves practical skills sessions to prepare you for real-life managerial challenges.
In a typical week, you can expect three hours of lectures and group workshops for each 15-credit module. This is in addition to any support classes that you may be enrolled on. Further support is also at your fingertips through B.P.P. University's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
Our programme attracts talent from a number of diverse backgrounds, including industry professionals, within a business-orientated environment. We focus on developing your professional skills so you can transfer management concepts into real life. A variety of activities are used to support your learning, including:
- Interactive lectures
- Video and written case studies
- Individual and group exercises
- Presentations by visiting experts
- Engagement with a range of professional and academic materials
- Management skills sessions, including presentations, boardroom discussions and simulations
Once qualified, you will have the confidence to apply highly relevant knowledge and skills to a wide range of managerial challenges.
You will be assessed using a combination of coursework, group assignments, timed release assessments and supervised projects. Your programme materials will include formative assessments and revision packs to help prepare you. To make sure that you are on the right path, you will also get feedback throughout the programme to help you fulfil your potential.
On successful completion of B.P.P. University's MSc Management with Finance programme, you will also receive a professional qualification - CMI (Chartered Management Institute) Level 7 Certificate.
Students wishing to study the MSc Management with Finance will require:
- A minimum of a 2:2 Honours degree from a UK or recognised international university or another equivalent international qualification; or
- An acceptable professional qualification equivalent such as the CMI, ILM, CIM, CIMA at level 6 or above;
Following a review of applications, candidates may be required to:
- Attend an interview (via Skype, WebEx or face-to-face)
- Take part in a telephone interview
- Submit a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score of 580 or above
- Submit a Graduate Records Examination (GRE) of 500 for Verbal and 500 for Quantitative.
- The median GRE score for each section ranges from 550-625 per section, with the median total around 1200
If you do not think you meet the entry requirements but have other qualifications or work experience, please contact us and we can review your options.
If your first language is not English, you will need an IELTS level 6.5 (overall) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 6.0 in all components in addition to the above entry requirements.
If you have the minimum of 6.0 in any component, you will be required to attend In-sessional Study Skills Support classes, alongside the programme during the first term of studies, at no additional cost.