Are you looking for a specialist finance degree that will kick start you into an exciting career in banking, trading or finance?
Banking, like most industries, has evolved in the 21st century and offers a range of exciting opportunities, across many sectors both here and abroad. There is also a skills shortage and people with the right qualifications are in high demand.
Studying International Banking and Finance at Swansea University will give you an advanced understanding of the principles and techniques of international finance, development, trade and banking. You will learn about the activities of financial markets and institutions in advanced and emerging economies, and gain an appreciation of the role of risk management in complex organisations.
This advanced programme is for students who have already studied accounting, and /or finance, at undergraduate level.
Your course is accredited by the Chartered Banker. This close affiliation with the Chartered Banker will enhance your career prospects and give you the edge to thrive in today’s competitive world.
Why International Banking and Finance at Swansea?
- An enhanced specialist programme that may be completed in a single year
- Designed for graduates in finance related subject areas who are seeking a specialist programme to enable accelerated career opportunities in international banking and finance
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have industrial and academic knowledge
- Professional body accreditation, which can help to accelerate your career
- Swansea University was voted Second in WhatUni? Student Choice Award 2019 - Postgraduate study
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the new Bay campus
Your International Banking and Fi Experience
Your experience of the Materials Engineering with Industry MSc is defined by expert training across a range of subject areas.
These include metallurgy and materials selection, modern methods for engineering design and analysis, polymers, and modern business management issues and techniques.
Your studies will be nourished by an international community of over 500 postgraduate students and 120 research staff at the College of Engineering.
Further study support comes in the form of 24-hour access to our on-site library, advanced laboratories, a year-round programme of guest lectures, and dedicated postgraduate workrooms.
International Banking and Finance Employment Opportunities
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies.
Your MSc International and Banking Finance programme, with its Chartered Banker accreditation, will prove to employers you have the ability in all aspects of business and that you are a strategic thinker with strong financial know how and the right business acumen.
Your next step could be in any of these roles:
- Finance Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Investment Advisor
Students must attain a 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an undergraduate degree that has included a range of modules in accounting/finance or quantitative/statistical methods. This need not necessarily be a degree with accounting or finance in the title.
We consider all applications on their merits and will look at each individual case before making an offer so students who fall slightly short of the entry criteria should still apply to the School of Management.
Non-native English speakers must achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no component less than 5.5. A list of equivalent tests is provided here. If you have studied an undergraduate degree taught through the medium of English, you may be exempt from this requirement – click here for further information.
For students who fall short of only the English language requirement, we offer a range of Pre-Master's training programmes that you may take before starting your Master's qualification.
Careers and Employability
Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) will support you at each stage of your career journey helping you build a bright future.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
The School of Management also has a dedicated in-house Employability team offering additional support.
During your time with us, you’ll have the chance to:
- Join our Employability Mentoring scheme and get mentored by an employer who can help you with the transition from student to working professional
- Get the opportunity to speak to our growing Alumni Community
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our seminars and events
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our Employability Module, which is run twice a year
- Participate in our Business in the Bay competition and compete against other university students
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
Discover how our in-house Careers Service can support you.
About the School
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent t ... Read More