Aims and Scope
The Master 2 in "Economic Theory and Econometrics" allows students to acquire a thorough, general training (in economic theory, econometrics, industrial organization, etc.) before choosing a specific area of research.
This master is specially designed for students interested in economic theory, econometrics, industrial organization, macroeconomics and other theoretical and applied fields. It offers a large range of courses that allow students to start a Ph.D. in the best possible conditions, particularly those who have not yet chosen their research topic.
The "Doctoral track" allows students to acquire a thorough and advanced general training in economic theory (micro, macro, and econometrics) before choosing a specific area of research.
This program is specially designed for students interested in micro and macro theory, econometrics, industrial organization and other theoretical and applied fields. It offers a large range of courses that allow students to start a Ph.D. in the best possible conditions.
Master thesis, advised by a faculty member, should show the aptitude and the skills of the students to do autonomous research in application to the Ph.D. course.
- Admission is based on academic excellence criteria. An undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree is required, within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee. A high level of Mathematics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and Econometrics is necessary.
- Working knowledge of English is obviously required.
Our training relies on a substantial use of mathematics and modeling. A good mastering of mathematics is therefore required. To apply to the 1st year of the Master, students should hold a BSc in Economics, Applied Mathematics within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee. To apply to the 2nd year of the Master, students should hold an undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree.
Step 1: Create your application file online: eCandidatures.
Step 2: Download, print and send the application file with all the required documents before the indicated deadline.
- Resume (CV);
- cover letter;
- official transcripts;
- official diploma;
- English language certification TOEFL;
- IELTS or Cambridge advanced Certificate (C1 level as European reference);
- Graduate Record Examination scores (GRE);
- 2 recommendation letters (Master - 1st year) 3 recommendation letters (to apply to the 2nd year of the Master) - academic ones are more appropriate than professional.
by post to:
Ecole d’économie de Toulouse – TSE Université Toulouse 1 Capitole Agnès SIRVEN – MA 102 Manufacture des Tabacs 21 allée de Brienne 31015 Toulouse Cedex 6.
Step 3: Follow your application status on line: eCandidatures.
Step 4: Answers will be communicated by mid-March.
Step 5: If you are selected, you have a week to confirm your acceptance.
Step 6: Registration formalities and payment will take place in July.
5500€ + Registration fees: approx 250€ + Student social security (health care): approx 200€. Address: 21 allée de Brienne – 31000 Toulouse
Some Master scholarships and fee waivers will be awarded to Master students according to academic, geographical or individual criteria.
About the School
Toulouse School of Economics : a world-leading centre for research and higher education, chaired by Nobel Prize Laureate Jean Tirole