The great demand for developing and optimizing processes in the industrial, food, agricultural, health and molecular diagnostics sectors, among others, has encouraged the incorporation of biotechnological techniques for the generation of new products and services.
In this way the development of biotechnological processes manages to benefit a large segment of the population given its wide range of application.
The professionals graduated from the Master of Science with a specialty in Biotechnology from Tecnológico de Monterrey, are able to develop in academic, scientific and industrial environments, both in the application and in the generation of knowledge.
Professionals graduated from areas related to biotechnology, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, food engineering, medicine, nutrition, among others.
Objective of the program
To train high level professionals in the biotechnology area, committed to their communities, aware of the need to generate new sustainable technologies and with a remarkable entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
The Master of Science with a specialty in Biotechnology is a program composed of basic courses, seal courses, elective courses and research courses.
- Period : Half-yearly
- Start : January and August
- No. of subjects : 13 subjects
- Duration: 2 years
- Leadership for sustainable development
- Research and innovation methods
- Cell biology and physiology
- genetic engineering
- Instrumental analysis in biotechnology
- Selected topics in biotechnology
- Design and analysis of experiments
- Thesis I
- Thesis II
Optional courses *
- Optional I - IV
* To take an optional subject, it is necessary to have completed the basic subjects and to respect the prerequisite of each elective.
The research lines of the Master of Science with a specialty in Biotechnology are the following:
- Food biotechnology and nutrigenomics
- Pharmaceutical and medical biotechnology
- Bioprocess engineering
At the end of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Perform in the areas of research and development of new products and biotechnological processes.
- Have the necessary skills to carry out doctoral studies in areas related to biotechnology.
- Have a professional degree.
- Have obtained an equal or greater than 90/100 average or equivalent in their professional studies.
- Get a score less than 550 on the Test of English TOEFL.
- Present Admission Test Graduate Studies (PEAP) ITESM and get a score less than 600 points.
- 3 exams own present knowledge of the area of study and approve (70/100) at least 2 of the 3 tests.
- Academic interview with the program director.
- Submit an application for admission accompanied by all the required documents.
Graduate view MBI
"The MBI of Tec de Monterrey was an ideal opportunity to integrate theoretical and practical knowledge in a platform of research and technological development of the first level." Álvaro Rodríguez
Benefits of studying this program
- High quality postgraduate program that allows students to acquire a holistic view of biotechnology from both the basic and applied science perspective.
- Graduates of the program are recognized for their ability to carry out high-impact research and develop sustainable technology with social and economic benefits.
- The academic faculty is made up of research professors, many of whom belong to the National System of Researchers (SNI).
- The Tecnológico de Monterrey has accreditations such as: SACS, CIEES, SEP and CONACYT.
This program has 13 subjects
About the School
El Tecnológico de Monterrey es una institución de carácter privado, sin fines de lucro, independiente y ajena a partidos políticos y religiosos. Fue fundado en 1943 gracias a la visión del empresario ... Read More