The Master of Chinese International Education prepares students for a professional career in teaching Chinese overseas. The College of International Students of Yunnan University provides students with a broad range of linguistic and cultural knowledge for use in the international arena.
- Students must have good moral character (no criminal record) and be willing to abide by all laws, regulations, and rules of the PRC and Yunnan University. Students shall respect the social ethics and customs of China.
- Students must be in good physical health and meet the health standards for international students.
- Students must be under 40 years of age as well as holders of a bachelor’s degree.
- Students must hold an old HSK (Chinese proficiency exam) Band 6 or new HSK Band 5 or undergraduate degree related to Chinese language studies.
A. Applying in person or by proxy
Students may apply in person or through a third party at the student enrollment office of the College of International Students, Yunnan University.
B. Applying online
An Entry Form can be downloaded from http://www.grs.ynu.edu.cn/zsgz/wglxs/ 14057.htm. After completing the form, it shall be sent along with the scanned copies of the documents required for application (see below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Applying by mail
The application form and all supporting documentation shall be sent by mail to Mrs. Cai Qi or Ms. Yang Ziqin of the College of International Students of Yunnan University(on No 14 Qingyun Street, Kunming, postal code: 650091).
Documents required for application
- A fully completed Yunnan University International Students Application Form, which can be downloaded from http://www.grs.ynu.edu.cn/zsgz/wglxs/14057.htm.
- The applicant's physical examination record.
- Original or notarized copies of the applicant’s former educational records (diploma and transcript).
- Certified or notarized copies of the applicant’s HSK score.
- International students bond as well as China proxy guarantee.
- Six passport photos, taken within the past six months.
*All forms must be completed in Chinese or English. Documentation provided in any language other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation.
Students who are qualified will be asked to participate in an admission examination.
About the entrance examination:
Time: Usually at the same time of the domestic graduate record examination (For specific dates, please refer to the admission card).
Duration: Three hours for each subject.
Subjects: Basic Chinese Language; Basic Chinese International Education.
Location: At the head office of Yunnan University.
The Graduate Department of Yunnan University will provide admittance for all those who have submitted the required documentation and passed the examination.
Starting time for new students
Starting time: September every year (For specific dates, please refer to the admission letter).
Application deadline: June 30.
Duration of study: Two years.
Application fee: 600 yuan per person.
Tuition fee: 20,000 yuan per person for each academic year.
Mrs. Cai Qi: email@example.com
Ms. Yang Ziqin: +86-871-5033472
About the School
Yunnan University's innovative strategy to meet its goals is to emphasize talent recruitment in a highly-focused and cooperative joint development context that includes the Talent Cultivation Plan and ... Read More