M.S. in Business Analytics, a STEM Designated Program
In today’s marketplace, the demand for professionals who can use analytic tools to drive positive outcomes for businesses is rapidly increasing. Utilizing an action-oriented approach, the Whitman School M.S. in Business Analytics is designed to prepare students with the skills to become data-driven business leaders and decision makers.
Students will complete 36 credit hours of courses that develop an interdisciplinary understanding of the applications of analytics to the fields of accounting, finance, marketing, and supply chain management by using techniques for data collection, data visualization, statistical and pattern analysis and data mining.
Core foundation courses include Data Analysis and Decision Making and Business Analytics along with core application courses in Accounting Analytics, Financial Analytics, Marketing Analytics and Principles of Management Science. Whitman also offers students the opportunity to customize their degree program by selecting from a wealth of available MBA core and elective courses.
The STEM designated full-time MS Business Analytics program is a 36-credit hour program. Through hands-on coursework students hone their decision-making skills and learn to use analytic tools to drive positive outcomes for businesses.
Required Courses Analytics Core (6 credits – Both courses required)
- Data Analysis & Decision Making
- Business Analytics
Analytics Applications Core (6 credits - select 2)
- Accounting Analytics
- Marketing Analytics
- Financial Analytics
- Principles of Management Science
Analytics Depth Core (6 credits - select 2 – can include any not already selected from Analytics Applications Core)
- Linear Statistical Models
- Time Series Modeling and Analysis
- Customer Relationship Management with SAP
- Applied Data Science
- Advanced Data Analytics
- Statistical Methods in Information Science and Technology
- Data Mining
- Basics of Information Retrieval Systems
- Information Visualization
- Data Warehouse
- Research Methods in Information Science and Technology
- Introduction to Database Management Systems
- Analytical Data Mining
Analytics Electives (18 credits - 6 select courses – can include any not selected from Analytics Applications Core or Analytics Depth Core)
- Data Base Administration Concepts & DB Mgt
- Natural Language Processing
- Object-oriented programming in C++
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Explorations in Computing & Programming
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Software Engineering
- Simulation and Modeling
Additional Approved Graduate Business or Analytics Courses From Schools and Colleges at Syracuse University
Students must pass a comprehensive exam at the end of the last semester of the program.
Program taught in: