Today’s business climate demands individuals who are equipped to manage the intense world of finance. Meeting those demands requires a specialized graduate degree.
The Master of Science Business-Finance program provides motivated and talented students with a leading-edge program that includes advanced financial theory, practical business applications and an understanding of current research issues. Students will learn how to apply the latest tools and technologies of financial analysis and engineering to solve the challenging problems that they will confront in a global business environment. The program differs from the M.B.A. in that both the required and elective courses are concentrated in finance, allowing students more rigorous, specialized training in this functional discipline.
The M.S. in Business-Finance program is a natural complement to an undergraduate degree in accounting. Students who complete this degree will have the additional credits necessary to meet the 150-hour requirement to sit for the Certified Public Accountant Examination in many states and to meet the 150 hour CPA licensure requirement in Maryland. Students who pursue the M.S. in Business-Finance are often preparing for professional certifications such as the Chartered Financial Analyst or Certified Financial Planner.
Enhance Your Finance Career.
The program is structured to provide financial management professionals with the knowledge and proficiency to:
- create sophisticated solutions to financial problems;
- design and evaluate new financial instruments;
- leverage resources for optimal profitability and productivity;
- develop strategic financial objectives;
- seize new business opportunities;
- mitigate corporate risk;
- improve investment decision-making;
- analyze technical financial materials.
Develop Essential Skills.
Through this program, you’ll become knowledgeable in:
- investment banking
- investment management
- security analysis
- capital markets
- risk management
- financial consulting
- mergers and acquisitions
- private equity
- venture capital
- corporate restructuring
- corporate planning
- corporate treasury
- real property
- combine academic scholarship with practical experience;
- have a full range of knowledge in finance, banking, investing, economics and real estate;
- are active consultants in their fields of expertise;
- regularly publish articles in major journals;
- create relationships with industry professionals from which you can benefit.
Know the Program.
We are accredited by AACSB International-the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, which is the premier accrediting agency for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in business administration and the highest distinction that business schools can receive worldwide. The program was designed with working professionals in mind; our classes are offered evenings, and many are also offered online.