…identify challenges and the need for action from the viewpoint of customers and the market and are able to adopt other entrepreneurial perspectives.
…are familiar with methods and instruments of market research and consumer behaviour because they have applied them to practical examples and practised them.
…conduct well-founded assessments of the effectiveness and efficiency of strategies and campaigns in the context of market-oriented corporate management (marketing management).
…are competent in the conceptualisation of a market-oriented use of instruments and are able to innovate strategies in a dynamic environment.
…are well-versed in dealing with (digital) media.
…combine qualitative and quantitative analytical and conceptual methods in order to solve present and future problems.
…gauge the impact of entrepreneurial strategies and plans on the market, on society and on the environment in a realistic manner.
…have learnt to tackle new things in a spirit of personal responsibility.
…formulate clear consequences.
…act entrepreneurially at individual, project-related and organisational levels.
International exchange programs
The HSG enables students to spend exchange semesters at approx. 200 partner universities. In addition, you can apply for the CEMS MIM or a DM2 double degree programme.
Soundly acquired knowledge and new combinable skills (analytical and conceptual skills, instrumental knowledge) and the practised basic approach (market orientation and responsible action in practice) are an indispensable necessity for success in the world of work that is changing ever more rapidly.
Future developments for professional profiles in marketing will be:
• the increasing significance of digital competencies;
• analytical competencies, such as advanced analytics;
• “contentual” competencies, such as storytelling;
• the ability to think and work in a solution-oriented manner;
• involvement in transformation processes (in cooperation with other departments, introducing the customers’ viewpoint);
• marketing-strategic support – working out concepts and positionings for (business model) innovations;
• managerial assessment of innovative marketing approaches and evaluation of their contribution towards corporate success.
Admission to the MiMM program:
Please consult our website for the latest detailed admission criteria.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 19, 2018