The Master's Degree in Urban Planning from the Center for Design and Construction Sciences and the Department of Theory and Methods has as its mission to contribute to the sustainable development of human settlements through the training of trained professionals in the area; taking as fundamental premises the integral and multidisciplinary approach of the urban phenomenon, the prospective vision and the participation of the society; and promoting the values of critical attitude, responsible and sensitive to social problems, commitment to the sustainable development of cities and promotion of teamwork. Likewise, this postgraduate course will contribute to the achievement of the institutional objective of internationalization of its academic programs based on the agreements of academic collaboration signed with universities of other countries.
Considering the importance of the role of urban planning in the effort to achieve sustainable cities, the master's degree aims to contribute to the solution of national and international problems related to the development of cities and the design of integral projects through knowledge, skills and attitudes that enable it to organize urban development in a sustainable way in its social, economic and natural dimensions, in public and private sector institutions.
The research lines offered by the masters are as follows:
- Planning and Planning of the Territory.
- Urban Studies.
- Urban design.
The Master's Degree in Urban Planning aims to contribute to the solution of national and international problems related to the development of cities and the design of integral projects through knowledge, skills and attitudes that allow them to organize urban development in a sustainable way in their social, economic and natural dimensions, in institutions of the public and private sector.
The MITC graduate will be characterized by having an integral and interdisciplinary vision supported by the following knowledge, skills, attitudes and values:
Develop a comprehensive understanding of the relevant issues of sustainable human settlements development and possible responses to urban planning.
- Knowledge of urban, social, economic and natural phenomena and problems that affect the planning of integral projects
- Knowledge about the methodological strategies for the design of sustainable urban projects.
- Knowledge of the techniques and tools needed for urban planning.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art scientific and technological advances in urban planning, sustainable development and comprehensive urban projects.
- Knowledge about the design, development and implementation of professional work supported by relevant scientific and technological bases.
To master the techniques and procedural skills necessary for effective work in the urban planning profession.
- Plan and organize professional work towards sustainable urban development results.
- Apply critically and creatively the new knowledge acquired.
- Design comprehensive urban planning projects.
- Analyze and synthesize scientific and technological information.
Addressing urban planning in an integral, critical, people-oriented and commitment to sustainable development.
- Critique of the social, economic and natural phenomena of their environment.
- Overcoming personal and permanent professional development.
- Commitment and responsibility with sustainable development.
- Promotion of social welfare and the environment.
- Social responsability.
Requirements for obtaining the degree
- In order to obtain a Master's Degree in Urban Planning, the General Teaching Regulations shall be complied with.
- Students must check 200 hours of professional stay in a research laboratory or government departments, at any level, or consulting firms, developing activities related to their professional work, as of the second semester.
- Students will prepare a professional work based on their experience in their professional stay, which they must present and defend in their examination of degree in a time no longer than six months after the completion of the studies, in such a way as to obtain the degree in 2.5 years maximum.
About the School
La Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes se ha consolidado como la Máxima Casa de Estudios del estado y se proyecta a nivel nacional e internacional, por su calidad académica, incremento en la oferta ... Read More