Higher Education in Romania
The educational system, including higher education in Romania is in a continual state of reform since the Romanian Revolution of 1989. The educational system is regulated by the Ministry of Education and Research. Higher education is aligned with Europe's higher education standards. Students are encouraged to further their education through a university of their choice. Some popular study areas are Architecture, Education, Music and the Arts, and Veterinary Medicine. Students may study this for one or several years, depending on the level they wish to obtain. Upon completion, they may use their educational credentials to secure employment with in Romania or work abroad.
Popular Universities in Romania
The University of Bucharest, within the country's capital, is the most prestigious and popular university in Romania and it is widely coveted by students wishing to seek admission there. Other schools some attend include: Alexandru loan Cuza University of Iasi, Babes Bolyai University of Cluj-Napoca and West University of Timisoara. These were all included in the top 700 colleges and universities of the world in a recent Gallup poll.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition costs vary, considering the type of program, the faculty, the origin of the International student, and other factors involved. Someone may pursue an undergraduate degree in Veterinary Medicine for 4500EU per year, a Masters in this field for 5000EU per year, or a doctorate for 6000EU per year. An Architecture degree may be sought on the undergraduate level for 3150-3500EU per year, and a graduate degree for 3330-3700EU per year. A Music or Arts degree costs 3780-4200EU per year on the undergraduate level up to 3960-4400 on the graduate level. There is some financial aid and scholarships are available for those wishing to further their education who cannot afford the expenses.
Eligibility for Student Visas
Students who need a visa must pay the tuition fee in one installment at the time of application or before. So this needs to be worked out and documentation kept to produce to officials at the time of visa application. Students who do not need a visa may have a choice to pay out their tuition in installments of once per year, twice, or three times per year instead. Eligibility of student visas is determined by documentation of enrollment in an acceptable school of higher learning within Romania, and proof of ability to pay or payment of tuition fees at the same university or institute of higher learning.
Why Study in Romania?
For anyone wishing to study in a beautiful atmosphere where hands-on experience is coupled with rigorous coursework, Romania is the place to study. Immersed in history but brimming with progress, Romania works hard to ensure equal opportunities for learning are available for anyone who wishes to pursue this. Vocational skills are encouraged, as well as higher level academic education in the fields of Mechanical Engineering, Education, Fine Arts, Veterinary Medicine, and many other fields.
Upon graduation from Romania, one can expect to find a warm welcome to pursue a permanent visa and fulfilling work. Romania is rich in art and culture and their government is strong and independent of the rule they were subject to long ago in days gone by. Anyone who attends a university at Romania is sure to go away with a high sense of accomplishment and fulfillment, and feel ready to meet life's challenges both on the job and off.
Romania is a country located at the intersection of Central and Southeastern Europe, bordering on the Black Sea. Romania shares a border with Hungary and Serbia to the west, Ukraine and Moldova to the northeast and east, and Bulgaria to the south. There are almost 10,000 km2 (3,900 sq mi) (about 5% of the total area) of protected areas in Romania covering 13 national parks and three biosphere reserves. As of 2010, Romania is an upper-middle-income country with a high human development index.
Romania is a country located at the intersection of central and southeastern Europe with borders on the Black Sea. It shares its borders with Hungary and Serbia to the west, the Ukraine and Moldova to the northeast and east and Bulgaria to the south. Its climate is comfortable most of the time and it is bordered by beautiful unique scenery on all sides.
Essential Facts about Romania
- The capital of Romania is Bucharest, which is the 10th largest city in Europe.
- It is the 8th largest country of the European Union.
- Population is 18,631,386.
- Romania is 238,400 square kilometers long.
The climate in Romania is temperate and continental. Summers are very warm to hot, while winters are rainy and frigid. The average annual temperature is 11°C in t he south and 8°C in the north. Spring months are generally pleasant with cool mornings and nights and warm days.
The official currency of Romania is the "leu" which is a silver coin . Eleven "leu" is equal to 100 "bani." Citizens of Romania may trade currency for any amount of money at any time.
Romania is a secular state with no declared state religion, so citizens are allowed to worship as they please and freedom of religion is guaranteed by their constitutional laws. Currently in Romania, 86.7% of citizens practice Orthodox Christian beliefs (Romanian Orthodox Church) affiliations. Around 5.2% were Protestants, 4/7% Roman Catholics, and 9% Romanian Greek-Catholic. Muslims make up a small minority of the citizens in Romania.
- Bucharest Business SchoolMBA
- Institute for Business and Public Administration, Bucharest (ASEBUSS)MasterCoursesMBA
- Ion Mincu University of Architecture and Urbanism (UAUIM)MasterCourses
- Maastricht School of Management RomaniaMBA
- National University of Physical Education and SportsMasterBachelor
- Romanian-American UniversityMasterBachelor
- Spiru Haret UniversityBachelor
- Technical University of Civil Engineering BucharestMasterBachelor
- UNICAF - ACCACourses
- Unicaf University (MW)MasterPhDBachelor
- Unicaf University (ZM)MasterPhDMBABachelorHealthcareOnline
- University Of Agronomic Sciences And Veterinary Medicine of BucharestMasterHealthcare
- University of BucharestMasterBachelorMBA
- University of South Wales Online Programmes through UNICAFMasterMBALawBachelorHealthcare
- University Politehnica of BucharestMasterHealthcare
- Faculty of Agriculture - Banat University Of Agricultural Sciences And Veterinary Medicine TimisoaraBachelor
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine - Banat University Of Agricultural Sciences And Veterinary Medicine TimisoaraBachelorHealthcare
- Politehnica University TimisoaraMasterBachelor
- Universitatea De Vest Din TimisoaraMasterBachelorCourses