MSc in Computer Science - Financial Technology
Eötvös Loránd University
EUR 3,200 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* application fee: €80.
The goal of this program is to teach Computer Scientists with professional knowledge on a solid theoretical background. The Computer Scientist often acts as a mediator between the clients of information systems and the implementors. In this way, the job of a Computer Scientist synthesizes the constructive activity of engineers with the general problem-solving attitude of mathematicians while participating in teams of large-scale projects.
Our programs provide students with a comprehensive education in Computer Science in combination with specializations in Artificial Intelligence, Programming Languages, Cyber Security, Data Science, Web Engineering, Autonomous Systems, Multimedia Design, Financial Technologies, etc.
Students will learn the theory as well as the methodologies and techniques in the development and implementation of computer systems. Several courses in pure and applied mathematics and theoretical computer science aid the more practical programming courses with background knowledge.
This program is recommended to applicants who:
- Want to gain expertise in one of the most fascinating and fastest-growing areas of Computer Science and Business Informatics, Financial Technologies. As computers are given the ability to think, learn, and adapt, in the near future artificial intelligence will impact wide segments of daily life including Finance and Banking.
- Want to partake in innovative and well-grounded education for the next generation of service designers and software architects capable of designing and engineering novel and innovative software systems.
- Want to conduct analyses to detect, discover and better understand the abounding data around us generated by Enterprise Information Systems, Information Systems dedicated to Finance, Banking and Payment Industry, Social Media, Manufacturing Systems, Healthcare, support systems for Logistics, and countless others on a daily basis.
- Want to be a responsible system analyst and developer taking into account the cybersecurity issues with the right knowledge and skills to be able to contribute to make the digital world a safer place.
This program enables students to:
- Get up-to-date knowledge in one of the most dominant technological trends by gaining skills in the design and implementation of the next generation of software solutions endowed with human-like capabilities.
- Apply concepts of machine learning, neural networks, data science algorithms, advanced exploratory statistics to solve real-world problems with applications of computational intelligence.
- Work in teams to guide the software development process (modern and agile software engineering methodologies integrated with design thinking and User-Centric/Service Design methods) of complex information systems.
- Gain in-depth technical skills in scalable data collection techniques and data analysis methods. They learn how to use and develop a suite of tools and technologies that address capturing, processing, storing, transferring, analysis, visualization, and related concepts of data (e.g., data access, data pricing, and data privacy).
- Be valuable in open innovation settings where different aspects (market, users, social aspects, financial technologies) come together, through their multidisciplinary attitude.
The learning objectives for graduates of the Fintech Master are:
- To positively impact society through Fintech technologies;
- To design Fintech solutions to create value for different stakeholders and that may help overcome social inequalities;
- To make informed decisions for data processing systems engineering based on the integration of technical, economic, ethical, and societal aspects;
- To understand business aspects and behavioral, legal, and societal aspects of Data Science;
- To understand the concepts and technologies for achieving confidentiality, integrity, authenticity, and privacy protection for information processed across networks;
- To develop expertise in a variety of approaches to analyze data to extract meaningful information;
- To build ecosystems for processing big data addressing particular challenges;
- To design and developing novel and innovative methods and techniques for Data Science;
- To develop competencies in communication, knowledge integration, open innovation, and technology management from the viewpoints of both business and technology.
The general training in business economics and the solid background in Finance and Accounting offer countless job opportunities, from running your own business to working for prestigious multi-national corporations.
On the field
- Financial Technologies
- Banking, and Payment Industry: Specialist of the subject area
- Business Intelligence expert
- Data Scientist
- System Analyst, and Developer