M.Sc. in Business Intelligence & Data Science International School of Management (ISM)
The smart use of data has become a decisive competitive factor today, so data scientists, business analysts, system architects, or data consultants are in great demand on the market nowadays.
The Business Intelligence & Data Science graduate program degree lasts 4 semesters (three with the Fast-Track option) and provides you with comprehensive methodological knowledge for well-founded data retrieval as well as intelligent and automatic data evaluation and analytics.
In addition to classical Computer Science-related topics (Data Management, Quantitative Methods, Linear Algebra), the Master's in business intelligence and data science also covers teaching units on business analysis, big data, and data mining and includes many practical business analytics and consulting projects. This enables you to make important predictions within your future company and plays a key role in achieving corporate goals more effectively.
Your Advantages at a Glance
- High-quality education: first-class teaching and unlimited accreditation (FIBAA). ISM is also highly ranked in national and international rankings.
- Close to practice: many lecturers from the business world, 56 international lecturers.
- Personal teaching atmosphere: a study in small learning groups.
- Strong internationality: students of 84 nationalities. The ratio of 30% international students.
- Network of around 190 partner universities to choose from for your compulsory semester abroad.
- Study Data Science Master at four campuses in Germany: Dortmund, Munich, Hamburg, and Stuttgart.
Gain international experience within a semester abroad
In order to gain important international experience, a semester abroad is firmly integrated into the course of studies at ISM. The semester abroad allows you to deepen your subject-specific knowledge. In addition, you will set individual priorities and get to know the intercultural peculiarities of the chosen cultural area. At the same time, you will perfect your language skills
In the M.Sc. Business Intelligence & Data Science course you can choose from about 20 partner universities from a global network of universities.
Students at ISM get to truly experience the motto „International. Individual. Inspiring“. 84 nationalities are represented at the ISM, with over 30 percent international enrollments. Part of the regular university life at ISM is also the integrated semesters abroad at one of over 190 international partner universities as well as intensive language training which can be taken prior to starting as well as during the studies.
Get an international double qualification in the Master of Business Intelligence
At ISM you have the possibility to complete an international double degree. In addition to the Master's degree of ISM, you will also be awarded a second, internationally recognized Master's degree if you select the the double degree study option. In some cases, this is even possible within the framework of the integrated semester abroad, whereby you receive two Master's degrees in two or two and a half years. The double degree will help strengthen your linguistic and intercultural skills and increase your personal network with international students and lecturers.
In the M.Sc. Business Intelligence & Data Science program, you can currently choose from the following double degree partner universities:
- Boston University
- Cranfield University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Ecole de Management de Normandie
- Lancaster University
- Universitat Ramon Llull
For further information, please contact the ISM study advisors.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
The ISM sponsors students of a Master’s degree program from the first term with a Full Scholarship as well as a Partial scholarship.
Full scholarship from first term
High-performing beginners receive a full scholarship including all tuition fees for the master's program (three terms) as well as the tuition fee for the completing master's thesis. The scholarship does not contain financial support regarding accommodation, living costs, learning material, etc.
Only the tuition fees for international partner universities that can be covered by the ISM’s tuition fee are covered by the scholarship. The remission of fees of the ISM full scholarship refers to the normal period of master studies. An application for the full scholarship is only possible before the first term.
Partial scholarship for master
This kind of scholarship answers its purpose to cover a part of the complete tuition fees at ISM. It does not contain financial support regarding accommodation, living costs, learning material, etc. Partial scholarships are always granted for two terms. For an extension of the partial scholarship please apply after one year anew.
Fee reduction: The fee reduction will be enabled for students, who cannot pay the full tuition fees due to economic and/or social conditions.
In M.Sc. Business Intelligence & Data Science you combine two exciting disciplines: Business Administration and IT. With comprehensive knowledge of methods for intelligent data retrieval and analysis as well as for management consulting and analysis, you will meet the requirements of a big data specialist.
You will also spend the third semester abroad at one of our numerous partner universities. Your studies will end with a practice-oriented Master's thesis in the 4. semester.
- Introduction to Data Science & Business Intelligence (2 ECTS)
- Database Systems & Information Integration (2 ECTS)
- ERP Systems (2 ECTS)
- IT-Management (2 ECTS)
- Software Engineering (2 ECTS)
- Programming (2 ECTS)
- Linear Algebra & Numerical Mathematics (2 ECTS)
- Structure-detecting Methods (2 ECTS)
- Structure-validating Procedures (2 ECTS)
- Corporate Governance & Business Ethics (2 ECTS)
- Cross Cultural Leadership (2 ECTS)
- Negotiation, Communication & Executive Presentations (2 ECTS)
Digital Business Structures & Processes
- Theory of the Firm (2 ECTS)
- Digital Process Management (2 ECTS)
- Digital Value Networks & Business Models (2 ECTS)
Work placement (12 ECTS)
- Optimization Techniques (2 ECTS)
- Simulation & Forecasting Techniques (2 ECTS)
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence Techniques (2 ECTS)
- IT-enabled Information Systems (2 ECTS)
- Decision Support Systems (2 ECTS)
- Management Information Systems (2 ECTS)
- Strategy & Market (2 ECTS)
- Innovation & Design Thinking (2 ECTS)
- Consulting Instruments (2 ECTS)
Big Data Project
- Agile Project Management (2 ECTS)
- Scientific Methods (2 ECTS)
- Field Project (2 ECTS)
3rd Semester (24 ECTS)
Semester abroad at one of the partner universities of ISM
Master Thesis (30 ECTS) - 4th Semester
The ISM is top-ranked and unlimitedly state-approved
The ISM University is state-accreddited unlimitedly and all study programs bear the seal of quality of the Accreditation Council and the FIBAA. The quality of the education is confirmed by HR managers, ISM students and alumni and the presence in numerous rankings where ISM consistently occupies top positions since many years, such as the CHE University Ranking, Universum, Trendence and U-Multirank, especially in areas such as:
- Support at the beginning of the studies
- Graduation in due course
- Professional experience and contact to professional practice,
- Student mobility,
- International academic staff,
- Foreign language taught bachelor and master programs, etc.
Your Advantages at ISM
- High-quality education: first-class teaching, top-ranked and unlimited state accreditation (FIBAA).
- High employability after graduation: over 80% of our students find a job before graduating.
- Close to practice: the majority of our lecturers come from the corporate world and can connect theory with business practice and teach you real-life business scenarios.
- Personal teaching atmosphere: study in small learning groups.
- Strong internationality: students of 84 nationalities. Ratio of 30% international students.
- A Network of more than 190 partner universities to choose from for your semester abroad.
- You can study Business Intelligence & Data Science in Germany in Dortmund, Munich, Hamburg and Stuttgart.
Since the Master Data Science is taught entirely in English, you will be well prepared for working internationally and across national borders after completing your studies.
Data science and business analytics are some of the most lucrative career options nowadays. In 2023 alone, there are expected to be over 2,7 million new jobs for professionals with data science and business analytics skills.
A data science degree from ISM can help you successfully enter this career field with lots of hands-on practical experience gained through business case studies, workshops, and internships. You’ll graduate with in-demand big data skills and will be ready to join fellow data analysts and statisticians across many industries.
Among the data science career paths you may decide to take count: Junior Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Information Officer, Data Officer, Business Analyst, Business Consultant, Senior Analyst, etc.