Master in Political Science & International Relations (with/without thesis) Istanbul Aydin University
The Political Sciences and International Relations Department of the Institute of Social Sciences of the Istanbul Aydın University aims to equip the students with profound knowledge and wide-ranging views on modern global as well as domestic political and international problems. Students will have basic knowledge of the sources of different problems in both fields. Additionally, the participants of the program will obtain the required skills for the development and analysis of policies on the core subjects.
The training language is English. The students who will be successful in the English Proficiency Exam prepared and conducted by the English Preparatory School of Istanbul Aydın University can enroll in the first year of the program. Students who fail the proficiency exam will receive a two-semester English language training at the English Preparation School of the Istanbul Aydın University. Students must obtain a document from the English Teaching Department showing that they have become successful at the end of their language training program or they should secure a successful result at the exams officially recognized by the University such as UDS, KPDS, TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, and CPE.
The program is a 120 ECTS credit program with a duration of 2 academic years, each with 2 semesters. The regular program consists of 7 courses of 21 local credits, a seminar, and a thesis work of 60 ECTS credits with a normal duration of 2 semesters. The institute, upon the request of the program director, may require the prospective student to take additional courses if his/her background is not seen fit to follow the program.
- The basic aim of the Political Sciences and International Relations Department of the Istanbul Aydin University is to supply the perfectly equipped professionals to the public sector or private sector institutions which require the effective contribution of the experts trained in political sciences and international relations in their respective areas of professional works.
- To train the students for public policy analysis, development, management, and assessment.
- To train the students for the posts in public sector institutions requiring the knowledge and skills of political sciences and international relations.
- To train the students for the posts in private sector companies requiring the knowledge and skills of political sciences and international relations.
|First term||Second term|
| || |
|Third term||Fourth term|
| || |
Upon successful completion of the program designed in accordance with the aims and objectives of the program and the program learning outcomes in terms of knowledge, skills, and competencies given below, students/learners will be able to:
- Comprehend political systems and theories.
- Comprehend international relations both for public sector institutions and private sector companies.
- Analyze international organizations.
- Correlate the factors affecting the political sciences and international relations.
- Combine lessons derived from past political experiences.
- Analyze the results obtained from the case studies on political science and international relations.
- Generate policies in the field of political sciences.
- Develop policies in the field of international relations.
- Conceptualize the current developments in international relations.
- Conceptualize the current developments in political sciences.
- Analyze the possibilities of innovation and change in management.
- Develop decision-making abilities.
- Carry out field researches.
- Prepare reports on political science and international relations.
- Explain political conflicts through conflict resolution abilities.
Personal & occupational competencies in terms of each of the following groups:
Autonomy & Responsibility
Learning to Learn
Communication & Social
Occupational and/or Vocational
Graduates of the Political Science and International Relations Department are employed in national and international public and private institutions. Holders of an MA diploma are enrolled in multinational companies, the European Commission, and the media. They can also start a career in private companies. They have also an opportunity to work in universities, research centers and similar institutions.