Master's Degree in Contemporary Culture: Literature, Artistic Institutions and Cultural Communication Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset
- Directors: Dr. Fernando R. Lafuente and Dr. Epicteto Díaz Navarro
- Title: Master's Degree in Contemporary Culture: Literature, Artistic Institutions and Cultural Communication
- Responsible center: Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset University Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset - Complutense University of Madrid
- Center where the Master is taught: Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Duration: 1 year
- Modality: face-to-face (to be confirmed in the 1st semester)
The main objective of the Master's is to train specialists of excellence, with an updated preparation in the work and management of the main areas of professional activity of the so-called Cultural Industries. Specially designed for future professionals who want to work in foundations, museums and art galleries, cultural journalism, publishing houses, communication cabinets and cultural and artistic institutions.
This Master has been verified by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA), attached to the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. The credits taken in the Master are automatically recognized for access to Doctoral studies at any University of the European Higher Education Area.
We Guarantee Your Quality Training!
The Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset , IUIOG, guarantees the delivery of all its training during the 2020-2021 academic year, also of face-to-face courses that will be adapted to online mode in the event that the authorities do not allow face-to-face training.
And if, for reasons of force majeure, the program or course cannot be taught, the Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset undertakes to refund the amounts contributed by the student.
The IUIOG is a center with extensive experience in face-to-face and online postgraduate training. Its Virtual Campus is designed to maintain the values we promote: academic quality and student projection.
For us, in addition to quality, your peace of mind comes first.
The Master's Program in Contemporary Culture: Literature, Artistic Institutions and Cultural Communication, gathers and coordinates a multidisciplinary literary, artistic, legal and management academic formation, and an advanced professional preparation specifically focused on work in cultural entities and artistic institutions.
Students have a large number of Institutions, organizations and companies with which the Ortega y Gasset Institute has signed collaboration agreements, in which they can carry out internships that will be accredited upon completion. They are important in the training of students and allow them to come into contact with professional fields of interest to them. However, it must be remembered that in Research Master's degrees, internships are not equivalent to ECTS credits and, therefore, are not scored.
The hours of completion of the practices will be established according to the characteristics of the same and the availability of the student. The schedules, in any case, will be compatible with the academic activity, training and representation and participation developed by the student in the Foundation. With regard to the duration of the practices, these will not exceed the maximum allowed in the current regulations.
Some of the institutions, organizations and companies with whom we have had or have collaboration agreements for the practices are the following:
- Efe Agency (practices in the field of information)
- Spanish Agency of International Cooperation (AECID) (practices in the field of cooperation)
- Diario de Prensa Digital SL (internships in the field of information)
- German Sánchez Ruipérez Foundation. Reader's House
- El Cano Institute Foundation (internships in the field of international relations)
- Ponce Roble Gallery
- Greenpeace Spain
- Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports (agreement for practices in Museology and Museography)
- Mosaiq Marketing and Communication (internships in different projects)
- Spanish Broadcasting Society. Chain Being
- Torres and Carrera. Communication Consultants (practices in communication, marketing, etc.)
It should be borne in mind that, at the student's request, the Ortega y Gasset University Institute will always agree to propose the signing of a new internship agreement with other entities of their interest. On the other hand, it is important to point out that the practices are subject to the availability of vacant places by the receiving institution, a circumstance that this center cannot always guarantee.