Universitas Mercu Buana was established based on Pancasila and Constitution 1945, as well as Three Pillars of Higher Education. Universitas Mercu Buana conducts an educational system orientated on professionalism development characteristic, by using curriculum and semester plans based on Indonesian National Qualification Framework and National Standards for Higher Education, supported by research activities and internship in various institutions and companies.
- Becoming a centre of the higher institution which produces professional workforce with entrepreneurship spirit mastering informational technology and with the ability to communicate internationally in a good ethics
- Becoming one of the actors to build higher education in Indonesia especially in creating the national higher education system
- Becoming the productive and ethical agent of development and cultural transformation in facing global competition
- Implementing qualified teaching and learning process in Diploma, Undergraduate and Graduate (Master and Doctoral) programs through a reliable curriculum, professional lecturers and staffs, and standardized infrastructure which meet the standard quality of education.
- Conducting research in order to develop useful science and technology for the community
- Conducting community services in order to utilize science and technology as the contribution to community development
- Conducting training to form students’ character by controlling and developing an excellent program in student affairs
- Maintaining relationships with the service and the environment to increase customer satisfaction
- Implementing administration and higher education services with the principles of a quality assurance system