Fast Facts about CPE
- Each year CPE educates 9,000 students in degree programs and 7,000 professionals study through online learning and non-credit courses.
- Since 1990, NJIT has trained over 60,597 professionals associated with more than 564 companies' courses.
- 25% of engineers working in New Jersey are graduates of NJIT.
- We are # 6 in Engineering/Computing Distance Learning (US News and World Report)
- We are a Top 25 Most Connected Campus (The Princeton Review)
- We are one of the nation's 25 "most connected" campuses (Forbes.com)
- We are a Top National University (US News and World Report)
- We are an American Best Value College (The Princeton Review)
History & mission
CPE has a decidedly "business to business" orientation focuses on corporate education and training. Its secondary orientation is "business to consumer" so as to make it easy for non-traditional, part-time adult students to take part in NJIT's academic programs.
CPE synthesizes the many interdisciplinary and technologically enhanced teaching and learning initiatives and programs that occur throughout NJIT and makes all these available to adults 24 years and older who are non-traditional students who typically study part-time.
While the specific focus is on working professionals at their places of work, CPE also offers select programs that allow adult learners to earn NJIT credentials on a part-time basis in pursuit either of complete NJIT degrees (graduate and undergraduate), stand-alone academic certificates (graduate, undergraduate, and non-credit) or individual credit and non-credit training courses. Part-time adult students associated with CPE study either at their place of work, at NJIT, at extension sites throughout New Jersey and/or through online or blended means.