Digital Innovation and Research
St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences
EUR 727 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for students from third countries; EUR 3,000 + student union - fee per year
The English-language master degree program offers a highly qualified education at the interface of applied research, innovation and digitalisation with a focus on topics such as artificial intelligence, governance and protection. Equipped with profound knowledge, graduates of this program will help shape the digital transformation. The education with a close practical reference prepares students for a career in research, development and innovation departments of companies, research institutions, universities of applied sciences and other universities.
The master degree programme is made up of 3 important pillars: innovation, research and digitalisation.
- Innovation: The study programme teaches innovation methods and processes, entrepreneurship and methods of storytelling.
- Research: In addition to scientific methods, you learn how to publish your findings correctly or prepare research proposals. Scientific writing and presenting are key qualifications of researchers.
- Digitalisation: The course contents include cutting-edge topics such as artificial intelligence, governance and protection.
The subjects are taught in small student groups by international lecturers from the field of research. In addition, students work on and further develop a research topic or project throughout their studies.
Graduates of this international master degree programme acquire competences at the interface of digitalisation, innovation and research, which provides them with the best possible preparation for the job market.
- SMEs (Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises): As a graduate, you can identify research and innovation possibilities in the area of computer science in your company, determine concrete demand for research and establish adequate cooperation projects with higher education institutions and non-university-based research centres.
- Research Divisions of Large Companies: As a graduate of Digital Innovation and Research, you are already equipped with practical experience in research projects thanks to your studies. You are able to quickly acquire the necessary skills in various fields (e.g. support in preparing proposals, project implementation as a junior researcher, reporting and controlling).
- Higher Education Institutions and Research Centres: Be it a university of applied sciences, a university, or a non-university-based research centre – you are able to prepare research projects in such a way that their findings lead to product, process or service innovations at the partner companies. Furthermore, you are able to actively participate in research projects and work on your PhD thesis at a higher education institution.