Keystone logo
University of Strathclyde Business School

University of Strathclyde Business School

University of Strathclyde Business School


Founded in 1948, the University of Strathclyde Business School is a pioneering, internationally renowned academic organisation that shapes and develops the business minds of tomorrow. Strathclyde Business School is one of four faculties forming the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow. The University was established in 1796 as 'the place of useful learning' and this remains at the forefront of our vision today.

Our teaching

Strathclyde Business School’s subject departments and specialist units collaborate to provide a varied programme of specialist and cross-disciplinary courses. We have established international centres in Greece, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Singapore and Malaysia, where we offer degrees such as the Strathclyde MBA.

A collaborative approach

We have firm roots in the business community in and around our home city of Glasgow which extends not only nationally but internationally. We pride ourselves on our collaborative approach to working alongside industry building mutually beneficial relationships which add value to both organisations and individuals alike.

International accreditation and recognition

Strathclyde Business School has held triple accreditation from the three central business school accreditation bodies – AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB – since 2004. We were the first business school in Scotland to achieve triple accreditation.

We were also the first business school in Scotland to be awarded the Small Business Charter Award, which recognises our world-leading support for scaling Scottish firms through innovation, internationalisation and leadership.

Our departments and programmes also hold internationally recognised industry accreditations such as CIMA, ICAS, and CIPD.

Research excellence

Strathclyde Business School has been recognised in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 for its world-leading research - with a GPA of 3.26, this positions SBS as the third-highest overall quality of all Scottish institutions as ranked by Times Higher Education (THE). SBS's exemplary research environment achieved particularly strong recognition having a rating of 75% 'conducive to producing research of world-leading quality and enabling outstanding impact'. With the remaining 25% rated as 'internationally excellent quality', this places SBS significantly above the sector average and makes it the second-highest environment quality profile in Scotland. In terms of scale and quality, the SBS submission has been ranked 16th in the UK on Research Power by the THE and this makes it the second highest in Scotland.


At Strathclyde, we welcome students from all over the world. Explore your country’s entry requirements.

English language requirements

We accept a number of English language tests as proof of proficiency in English. IELTS is the most widely available. Information on this can be found on the British Council Website.

Our current standard requirements are:

  • IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no individual band less than 5.5)
  • Faculty of Science: IELTS (Academic): 6.0 overall (no individual band less than 5.5)
  • Department of Design, Manufacturing & Engineering Management: IELTS (Academic): 6.0 overall (no individual band less than 5.5)

Some degree programs have different English language requirements from the above so please check each individual course page for details.

International Study Centre

We also offer a range of courses for international students (non-EU/UK) who do not meet direct entry requirements.

Scholarships and Funding

Strathclyde Alumni Scholarship

Strathclyde graduates can benefit from a 15% tuition fee discount on postgraduate taught courses.

EU Engagement Scholarships

Our EU Engagement Scholarships support full-time postgraduate EU students starting taught courses.

Alumni Statistics


EFMD Equis AccreditedAMBA AccreditedAACSB Accredited

Program Admission Requirements

Demonstrate your commitment and readiness to succeed in business school by taking the GMAT exam – the most widely used exam for admissions that measures your critical thinking and reasoning skills.

Download the GMAT mini quiz to get a flavour of the questions you’ll find in the exam.


  • Glasgow

    University of Strathclyde Business School 199 Cathedral Street, G4 0QU, Glasgow