Taylor Business Institute will Change Your Life
As the third largest city in the United States, Chicago hosts over 100 institutions of higher learning. Taylor Business Institute is one of these, but with the unique mission of serving the non-traditional student. Taylor Business Institute prides itself in creating a culturally sensitive environment that embraces its students, a counseling support system that supports its students and a mentoring program that restores and motivates its students.
With over 50 years of history in downtown Chicago, Taylor Business Institute occupies a unique niche on the Chicago educational landscape. Located at 180 N. Wabash Ave, Taylor Business Institute is home to a diverse population of students who are seeking real-world careers and the opportunity for education and social assimilation in the United States.
Why Taylor Business Institute?
- Accelerated degree programs
- Hands-on practical training
- Personalized attention
- Small classes
- Job placement services
- Affordable education – scholarships and grants
- Professional counseling
- Ventra/Metra pass
- A diverse learning environment
Established in 1962, The Nancy Taylor Secretarial and Finishing School was created to empower career-oriented women. In the years that followed the school changed its name to Taylor Business Institute and transitioned from a secretarial school to a career-focused college that empowers and supports students from all over the world. This small, family-owned college provides a culturally sensitive space for students from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, for adult learners returning to college and for students many of whom are from the Chicago urban experience and are considered underserved. The college’s degree programs focus on workplace skills and are delivered by industry and academic professionals who combine both theoretical presentation and hands-on training.
Our mission statement
Taylor Business Institute promotes higher learning that empowers a diverse and often underserved population through the acquisition of general education, professional skills, and applied degrees.
Our vision statement
Taylor Business Institute’s vision is to be a recognized leader as an institution of higher learning for the education and training of diverse, underserved and underrepresented populations.
To realize TBI’s mission and vision, our administration and faculty have established the following institutional goals:
- To create an effective learning and teaching environment for students and faculty where the primary focus is Student Learning Outcomes.
- To recruit qualified, culturally sensitive instructors who remain current in their disciplines and philosophies of teaching.
- To provide Student Services which are considerate of our students’ diverse lifestyles.
- To engage faculty and staff in continuous institutional assessment to Improve Student Learning Outcomes.
- To provide up-to-date facilities, technology, and instructional resources to support student learning.
- To empower students to master General Education competencies, acquire professional skills, earn applied degrees, professional diplomas and a certificate critical to employment and lifelong learning.
- To encourage students to participate in Service Learning as a means of contributing to the common good.
- To treat all students, faculty, and staff with respect regardless of age, origin, religion, education, culture, income strata, sexual orientation, race, and gender.
Core values - IDEALS
How to find us
Located at 180 N Wabash Ave, on the 5th Floor in the heart of downtown Chicago, sharing the neighborhood with Chicago Theater, the college is accessible through a variety of ways.
The different directions for accessing the college’s campus can be found below:
Rapid Transit Authority