MSc in Industrial Engineering and Management
Tallinn University of Technology
EUR 4,400 / per year *
Earliest start date
* tuition fee non-EU / EU: free
This programme has been developed in cooperation with University-Consortium in Science and Technology, BALTECH, and is simultaneously running in 4 universities in Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
The programme focuses on the following topics: Digital Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Planning & Control, Strategic & Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, Rapid Product Development, Production Planning and Management, Production Digitalisation, Internet of Things for Industry and Innovation.
The keywords of the present situation worldwide are production globalization, international and local cooperation and dynamic market. For those reasons, concepts as design, development and management of integrated systems of people, knowledge, equipment and materials are included in the curriculum.
Why this programme?
- Covers the main engineering and business management areas; technical courses are combined with economical and social courses.
- Teaching staff includes lecturers from the industry and international professors.
- On-site visits to manufacturing firms and lots of area-related associations for students (ABB, Ericsson, Bestnet, Cybernetica, etc.).
- Different interactive games for Lean production, 5S and production management and optimisation skills development.
- Students can use different equipment in Protolab (3D scanners, 3D printers and laser sintering units) and Flexible Manufacturing Systems and Robotics Demo Centre (Virtual and Augmented reality technologies).
- Different ERP, PLM, CAD, CAE and Factory Floor Planning software is used in the study process.
- Master’s theses are commonly based on real-life problems of the industry/company and therefore possess a practical value on top of an academic one. Many graduates proceed to work for companies after graduation.
- The background of the students is very diverse. In addition to a variety of former educational paths, there is also a significant proportion of working professionals who are able to enrich the learning process with their practical experience. That also enables valuable networking opportunities for foreign students.
This programme aims to prepare engineers as future experts in their chosen speciality and have the required skills to manage an international company. Graduates possess the industry knowledge and transferable skills that enable them to work in a wide range of different jobs and industries. Possible positions include Production Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager and CEO.