Master in Molecular and Microbial Biology
University of Algarve
EUR 4,000 / per year *
Earliest start date
* National students: 1100€/year; International students: 4000€/year
If you search for a deep understanding of microbial and other biological systems, driving from a molecular and cellular organization of individual or community to apply in different areas (Environmental, Industrial, and Biomedical) then come and seek your tools in the Microbial and Molecular Biology (MMB) Master Program.
This Master was accredited by the A3ES Commission.
Conditions of access
- Holders of Bachelor's degree (or legal equivalent) in life sciences, Environmental sciences and technology, health sciences, and technologies
- Holders of a foreign degree obtained in agreement with the principles of the Bologna Process
- Holders of a foreign higher education degree that is recognized by the Scientific Council as meeting the objectives of the Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area
- Holders of a school, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized by the Scientific Council, as attesting the merit and ability to carry out this cycle of studies
Criteria for selection of the candidates
- Suitability and classification of the access qualification, considering that the classification of holders of a foreign higher academic degree will have to be equal to or greater than 14;
- Academic, scientific, and professional curriculum;
- Global profile.
According to previous editions, candidates have been ranked according to the following formula: (graduate grade/2) + (0.5 values per article or scientific poster) + (0.5 values per year of professional experience).
- Curriculum Vitae (with personal data, academics, and professionals)
- Certificate of Qualifications, with the discrimination of the classifications obtained in each unit
- Proof of payment of the application rate
Scholarships & funding
As we are a public university, no studentships are available for Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. degrees, independently of the student's nationality. Nevertheless, for the second academic year (thesis research) there is a possibility to apply for a studentship in research projects running in our science and technology centers. You can apply for a studentship while completing your first academic year of the Master but we cannot guarantee that there will be funding for all students for the second research year.
- National Students: 1100 Euros
- International Students*: 4000 Euros
- Application Fee: 50 Euros
- Registration Fee and School Insurance: 175 Euros
Note: The tuition of this course can be paid in 10 installments, the first at the time of registration.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country that is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legal resident in Portugal for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrollment year.