Master in Geoinformatics for Natural Resources Management
Universidad de Leon
EUR 3,050 / per year
Earliest start date
Aimed at graduates in Forest Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Forestry Engineering, Agronomic Engineering (and technical engineering and degrees from which they come).
If you are interested in learning to
- Know and apply the latest technologies and techniques to capture spatial information: drones, satellite images, LiDAR technology, GPS, etc.
- Know and apply advanced GIS utilities to store, manage, analyze and process spatial data.
- Process and model geospatial information to extract useful information in solving problems of natural resource management (water resources, erosion, floods, fires, pests, burned areas, mining activities, natural heritage, etc.)
- Apply geoinformatics tools to evaluate and quantify ecosystem goods and services associated with natural resources.
- Perform simulations and apply models aimed at conservation and environmental management
What we offer you
- Advanced training with a strong practical orientation that favors the incorporation into the business sector.
- Contents designed in consultation with potential employers already graduated, to know the adequacy of the contents of the Master to their needs.
- An official training in a subject not currently offered at University Campus in the nearby geographical environment.
- External practices agreements with companies and public administrations.
- Semi-classroom teaching modality, with the possibility of monitoring the face-to-face part by videoconference.
- Improvement of skills to work in a constantly growing area that requires knowledge updating.
- Facilities and facilities suitable for practical training: drones, multispectral cameras, GPS receivers, simulators, specific software, etc.