The University’s principal mission is to respond to current societal needs as well as shape personal and professional futures through the pursuit of education, training, and research.
It is committed to high-quality teaching and learning, world-leading research, academic freedom as well as to the sustainable development of Gibraltar, and the region. Partnerships with business, government, charitable foundations, healthcare and educational institutions lie at the heart of the University’s mission.
“We are a new type of university. Ambitious and adaptable, we are building an institution that creates an opportunity for our students, graduates and those who work with us”, Professor Catherine Bachleda, Acting Vice Chancellor, University of Gibraltar
- Small class sizes: We are proud of our size. Being a small university enables us to offer our students a learning experience that is second to none. Our smaller class sizes allow a more personal approach to teaching and give you space to really explore a subject. You will be more than just another student, you will be a valued part of the UniGib community.
- Extracurricular activities: While being a student is about studying, it’s also about having fun, building friendships and taking part in new experiences. Whether you’re into adventure, history, sport, nature, live music, nightlife or simply enjoying a day at the beach, Gibraltar has it all. Its diverse multicultural, welcoming community make it a truly unique place to live in and explore.
- Gibraltar is your campus: Gibraltar’s vibrant economy and unique location at a cultural, historical and biogeographical crossroads, make it the perfect place to make connections, gain meaningful industry experience and add a unique point of reference to your study. Its rich history coupled with a dynamic ‘can-do’ community provides a welcoming, safe and open environment in which to learn and live.
- International impact: Our network and influence extend far beyond Gibraltar. As a student, you can access an international community of experts, associations and institutions that will positively impact your study. As well as benefiting from strong academic links, you can also tap into Gibraltar’s vibrant ecosystem of international businesses. Some of the world’s top businesses operate from Gibraltar meaning that you’ll never be short of opportunities to go out and network.
- Workplace ready: Employability and professional development are at the core of what we do. We want to develop graduates who are ready for the workplace so we have built relationships with industry on a local and international level. The majority of our tutors and lecturers are practising industry professionals, their ‘live’ experience of industry standards translates into their approach and benefits our students. Work placements run throughout our undergraduate courses meaning you’ll get the skills and experience necessary to gain employment when you graduate.
- Research that matters: Our research covers broad Gibraltar and/or Mediterranean related themes. Our two specialist institutes, The Institute for Gibraltar and Mediterranean Studies and the Institute of Life and Earth Sciences are vital branches to our research community, providing support and expert knowledge at a number of our associate campuses, including the Garrison Library, the Gibraltar Museum, and the Gibraltar Botanic Gardens.