FEP was founded in 1953 and has been a benchmark in education and research in the field of Economics and Management in Portugal, distinguishing itself through its ability to innovate and renew its study programs. That is shown by the diversity and quality of its programs: FEP offers:
- Two undergraduate programmes - taught in Portuguese
- 16 MSc programs in all relevant fields of Economics and Management - five are taught in English
- 1 Executive Master - taught in Portuguese
- 2 PhD programmes - taught in English
FEP has a prestigious faculty comprising 168 members who combine a high academic level with excellent teaching ability.
FEP has one research centre: the Centre for Economics and Finance of the University of Porto (CEF.UP), appraised and funded by FCT, the Portuguese national research grant agency.
FEP in Numbers (2022/2023 school year):
- Degree Students: 3169
- International students (degree and mobility students): 12%
- More than 100 FEP partner schools spread over 34 countries
- 6 Double degrees (e.g., Master in Management and Master in Finance students can apply to complete one period of studies abroad and obtain two diplomas. Master in Management students at Kedge Business School, University of São Paulo (agreement in renegotiation), and Warsaw School of Economics; Master in Finance students at Kozminski University and Prague University of Economics and Business).
FEP belongs to QTEM - Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management, which gathers outstanding students from 23 top economics schools worldwide. FEP Alumni are placed in top management positions in the most important companies and institutions in Portugal and abroad, across all industries, allowing students privileged access to an extensive and notorious corporate partner network.
Why Study at FEP
- FEP received the AACSB international accreditation, one of the most important international certifications in business education. FEP is part of the distinguished group of about 6% of schools in this field that, all over the world, have this accreditation
- U.Porto is a worldwide highly-ranked university
- Top students
- Teaching quality and research-oriented faculty
- FEP belongs to the QTEM Master Network, which gathers outstanding students from 23 top economics schools worldwide
- Double degrees (in the Bachelor in Business Administration with FEA-USP, in the Master in Management with FEA-USP (agreement in renegotiation), Kedge Business School and Warsaw School of Economics and in the Master in Finance with Kozminski University and Prague University of Economics and Business)
- Knowledge and professional skills
- Extracurricular activities
- Academic and professional integration support services
- Access to numerous internships and recruitment opportunities
- The notorious and vast alumni network
- Vibrant student life at the University of Porto: sports, culture, leisure