Explore our teaching and research network
From the inner city of Sydney to the Great Barrier Reef, we have teachers, researchers and students based all over Australia.
Explore our teaching and research locations
Our biggest campus is 72 hectares of state-of-the-art teaching and learning technology, including six libraries, art galleries, historical museums, perfectly manicured lawns, and the following faculties and schools:
- Architecture, Design and Planning
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Medicine and Health
You’ll also find the following centres, institutes and facilities:
- Boden Institute of Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise & Eating Disorders
- Centre for Continuing Education
- Centre for English Teaching
- Charles Perkins Centre
- China Studies Centre
- Confucius Institute
- Institute of Agriculture
- Institute for Teaching and Learning
- Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies
- Seymour Centre
- Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness
- Sydney University Postgraduate Representation Association (SUPRA)
- Sydney Southeast Asia Centre
- United States Studies Centre
- University of Sydney Union (USU)
Veterinary Science and Agriculture students and researchers can access an extensive network of farms and research units on the Camden campus. Camden is in the Sydney metropolis and part of the growth area in Sydney's south-western suburbs.
Farms and research facilities that make up our Camden campus include:
- The University Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- The Livestock Veterinary Teaching and Research Unit
- Plant Breeding Institute
- Mayfarm and Mt Hunter Farms
- Badgery’s Creek: McGarvie Smith Farm, Fleurs
- Westwood Farm
- John Bruce Pye Farm, Wolverton and Coates Park Farms
- Corstorphine: Corstorphine Farm, Uni park and Moffitts/Cannons
Mallett Street Campus
Located in Camperdown just a short walk from our main Camperdown/Darlington Campus, Mallett Street Campus is home to:
- the Brain and Mind Centre, and
- NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre.
The University intends to move the Sydney Nursing School from its current location at Mallett Street to new facilities on the Camperdown/Darlington Campus in 2021. Nursing will be located at the Susan Wakil Health Building.
Sydney College of the Arts
Our visual arts college is based at the Old Teacher's College on our main Camperdown/Darlington Campus (Manning Road, Camperdown).
Sydney Medical School Campuses and Teaching Hospitals
In addition to the Edward Ford Building on the main campus, the Sydney Medical School has staff based in different teaching hospitals and specialist clinics across NSW.
Each clinical school has its own amenities and varying parking and transport options.
- Broken Hill University Department of Rural Health
- Central Clinical School
- Concord Clinical School
- Nepean Clinical School
- Northern Clinical School
- School of Rural Health (Dubbo and Orange)
- University Centre for Rural Health (Northern Rivers)
- The Children’s Hospital at Westmead Clinical School
- University Centre for Rural Health
- Westmead Clinical School
Surry Hills Campus
The Surry Hills Campus houses the main offices of the Sydney Dental School, the Dentistry Library, teaching, seminar and recreational facilities and the extensive clinical facilities of the Sydney Dental Hospital.
133 Castlereagh Street, CBD
The University of Sydney Business School and Sydney Law School run some classes here.
Sydney Conservatorium of Music
Located in the Royal Botanic Gardens near the Sydney Opera House, ‘The Con’ is a world-leading music school boasting five concert halls, recording studios, and performance spaces featuring the latest in acoustic technology.
The campus runs a bustling calendar of concerts and events open to the public.
The Westmead Precinct is the centre of transformational health services, research and education in western Sydney, internationally recognised for its depth and scale of expertise.
Westmead is home to several leading health and medical service providers and research institutes, including the University's own institutes:
- Charles Perkins Centre
- Brain and Mind Centre
- Marie Bashir Institute for Infectious Disease and Biosecurity
- Westmead Applied Research Centre
Our Westmead campus is home to around 2000 students who are conducting the study, research or clinical placements at Westmead and close to 1000 staff members and affiliates. Faculties and schools with a presence at Westmead include:
- Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Sydney Dental School
- Sydney Medical School (The Children's Hospital at Westmead Clinical School)
- Sydney Medical School (Westmead Clinical School)
- School of Medical Sciences
- Sydney Nursing School
- Sydney School of Public Health
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning
- Faculty of Engineering
To further embed our staff and students across the Westmead Precinct, we have invested around $80 million to date in infrastructure, upgrades to education facilities and academic programs and initiatives. In 2020, the University will partner with Westmead Hospital and The Children’s Hospital at Westmead to launch the new Central Acute Services Building, a key facility for increasing integration with our partners and supporting our work to embed research and teaching across the precinct.
One Tree Island Research Station
Our Faculty of Science oversees the world’s only research station licensed to facilitate teaching and research on the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef.
The site spans four hectares of the southern end of the reef, and it remains almost completely free of human disruption or influence.
The research station has helped facilitate breakthroughs in climate change, geology and marine observation.