Master in Integrated Electrical Systems Engineering in Vehicles
Valahia University of Targoviste
2 - 2 years
EUR 2,800 / per year *
Earliest start date
* price differs for EU Candidates
Integrated Electrical Systems Engineering in Vehicles is a Master of Science program that involves the multidisciplinary integration of Vehicle Systems Engineering derived from energy, electric, electronics, communication, and mechanical systems. You will gain skills across vehicles-specific electrical systems engineering with practical applications in electric, mechanics, electronics, communication, materials, advanced control, and systems modeling domains.
We have strategic partners of the electric vehicles master involved within the automotive industry and key players at the forefront of automotive research and development as Renault Technologie Roumanie and IBM Romania – Academic Initiative. Targoviste Municipality City Hall is also involved as the main partner of The Electric Vehicles Research Centre in its sustainable field projects and activities. This high level of engagement with industry through master courses, scientific events, consultancy, and research makes our graduates some of the most desirable in Romania for companies to recruit.
The Integrated Electrical Systems Engineering in Vehicles Master of Science Program benefits from great support from public institutions as well as from key industry research and development players.
This course is designed for students with a solid Engineering, Mathematics, or Applied Science undergraduate degree who want to achieve a skill set that combines energy, electricity, electronics, communication, mechanics, digital control systems, and physical system modeling, all through the perspective of modern systems engineering.
The Integrated Electrical Systems Engineering in Vehicles Master of Science Program is structured in 4 Semesters and divided into two parts.
The first part is made up of eighteen taught compulsory modules, which are delivered in 4 semesters with the following structure: 1st Semester from October to January (14 weeks), 2nd Semester from February to June (14 weeks), 3rd Semester from October to January (14 weeks) and the 4th from February to April (8 weeks).
The second part is within the 4th Semester and consists of the practice activities (2 weeks) and the period for Dissertation preparation (4 weeks). The practice activities are held both at The Electric Vehicles Research Centre and in the Technical Centre of Renault situated 34 Km (21 miles) from Targoviste.
The mission of the study program
The mission of the international Master’s program – Integrated Electrical Systems Engineering in Vehicles is that of promoting education and scientific research according to the requests for integration in the knowledge society, regarding consolidation and development of the European Space of Education and European Space of Scientific Research by promoting the great values at the level of all the on-going activities and processes.
The general aims of the study program:
- Creating a pole of higher education and research in the electrical engineering domain.
- Forming specialized human resources for professional activities in the field, with research skills for doctoral studies.
- Adapting the offer of courses in the master's program and scientific content of disciplines to the needs of the national and international industry.
- Upgrading the teaching and professional activities and correlating them with those in the international area of higher education and research.
- Ensuring the conditions needed to participate in international networks and programs of training and research in the domain.
The specific aims of the study program:
- Ability to develop studies, reports, and synthesis of documentation, respectively technical-economic on the subject of electrical systems integrated into vehicles.
- Ability to solve specific problems in the field of electrical systems integrated into vehicles by integrating, associating, and synthesizing the acquired knowledge.
- Knowledge of elements (notions, principles, concepts, methods, components, systems, equipment, installations, regulations, policies) specific to the field of electrical systems integrated into vehicles.
- Ability to efficiently exploit existing resources under certain deadlines imposed to solve tasks, even in new situations.
- Ability to adapt and be self-taught in new techniques, technologies, and concepts.
- Creation of managerial engineering capacities for initiating, planning, executing, and controlling projects in the field of electrical integration for vehicles.
- Knowing the basic concepts of the functioning of European financial instruments.
Are you a high school student or a graduate seeking to follow a bachelor's, master or doctoral degree in an EU city blending the wealth of its history with the strength of its newly built campus? Are you passionate about science, and knowledge and looking for thriving student life in a city neighboring the Capital of Romania, the main international airport, and the mountain splendors of Sinaia and Bucegi? You can study and enjoy a cozy and relatively inexpensive student experience in Targoviste while having full access to the latest research discoveries, state-of-the-art study programs, high-tech technologies, and modernly equipped amphitheaters, labs, seminar rooms, and student dorms.
1st year / 1st semester
- Vehicle principles and architecture
- Numerical methods for PDE and applications
- Development and management of object-oriented software projects
- Automotive Electronics
- Automotive Operating Systems
- Research practice
1st year / 2nd semester
- Electric propulsion systems for EV
- Methods and devices for advanced measurement systems
- Communications and interconnecting devices
- Integrated data acquisition systems
- Advanced composite materials for the automotive industry
- Professional Practice 2
2nd year / 1st semester
- Numerical simulation of integrated embedded systems
- Heating/cooling of vehicle components
- Power electronics. Structure and control methods
- Integration of Electric Vehicles in Smart Grids
- Virtual Testing and Validation
- Professional Practice 3
2nd year / 2nd semester
- Vehicles environmental impact
- Electric vehicle capabilities
- Systems engineering management
- Ethics and academy integrity
- Dissertation thesis writing
- Practice for dissertation