In its current structure, Vilnius College of Technologies and Design (VTDK) was established in 2008 through the integration of Vilnius Technical College into Vilnius College of Construction and Design. The Technical Faculty's origin dates back to as far as the 1930s (the Technical School). Simultaneously, the Civil Engineering Faculty evolved from the Vilnius Technical School of Construction, established in 1954, and so did the Design Faculty.
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design is a state university of applied sciences, hosting around 2.500 students and 200 professors and other staff members. The College consists of 3 faculties: the Design Faculty, the Technical Faculty, and the Civil Engineering Faculty. The College offers 16 full-time study programs, partial studies through exchange programs, and informal study courses and training.