Master of Science in Applied Informatics
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
EUR 1,092 / per year *
31 Mar 2024
Earliest start date
16 Sep 2024
* full time for EEA nationals; €3,620 per year full time for non-EU/EEA nationals
The programme is built around two predefined majors, each offering a specialised degree title:
- Master of Science in Applied Informatics: Artificial Intelligence offers a broad range of important technologies in this increasingly important area of industry.
- Master of Science in Applied Informatics: Big Data Technology offers an emphasis on the management of and discovery from large bodies of data, including the practicalities of storing and processing very large bodies of data.
All students study a core program of 33 ECTS credits; take up elective courses of 12 ECTS credits and a master thesis of 15 ECTS credits. Students SHOULD choose one out of two specializations:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Technology
Major Artificial Intelligence - courses Include:
- Current Trends in AI
- Declarative Programming
- Natural Language Processing
- Statistical Foundations of Machine Learning
Major Big Data Technology - courses include:
- Data and Information Management
- Security in Computing
- Multicore Programming
- Cloud Computing and Big Data Processing
In total, this academic plan comprises 60 ECTS credits.
Program Tuition Fee
This programme will enable you to master advanced and practical aspects of informatics. It prepares you for a job in the informatics industry, working, for example, in software development, data processing, or system analysis.