Arcada is a multi-professional university of applied sciences (UAS) with a campus located in Arabianranta, Helsinki. We offer high quality practice-oriented higher education at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels as well as further education in Swedish and English within:
- Business Administration
- Social- and Health Care
Arcada was last audited in November 2017 by The Finnish Higher Education Evaluation Council.
- Students: 2600
- Employees: 170
- Educational Departments: 5
- Bachelor Programs: 17
- Master Programs: 10
Innovative thinking for the sustainable development of society.
Arcada is a Swedish university of applied sciences that promotes a bilingual Finland, offers demand-oriented professional education and conducts applied research.
We co-create relevant solutions for a sustainable society.
Values we promote
- Student-centered learning
- Community involvement for sustainable development
- The willingness to change and an enterprising spirit
- Transparency, responsibility, and tolerance
- Growth - new target groups
- Developing the education offered
- Open research with increased impact
- Competence maintenance and personnel policies
Administration and management
Transparent administration of the university
The Arcada University of Applied Sciences is maintained by Arcada University of Applied Sciences Ltd. on the basis of a license granted by the government in plenary session. Arcada University of Applied Sciences Ltd. is wholly owned by the Arcada Foundation.
The general framework for Arcada’s activities is defined in Arcada’s instructions. Arcada’s activities are also regulated by:
- Current legislation relating to universities of applied science and limited liability companies
- Arcada’s operating license (granted by the government in plenary session)
- Instructions from the Ministry of Education and Culture
- The articles of association of the Arcada University of Applied Sciences Ltd. and Arcada’s internal policy documents
- Arcada’s strategy, operational plan and
- The Finnish Corporate Governance Code
Arcada’s senior administration consists of the Board and rector of Arcada University of Applied Sciences Ltd.