Alliance Manchester Business School is one of the UK’s first two business schools, set up in 1965), and is now the largest campus-based business and management school in the UK.
Manchester is recognised for its original thinkers: our long and proud history of research excellence continues the spirit of innovation and achievement for which the city is renowned.
We’re ranked second in the UK for business research (Business and Management Studies, REF 2014), and the latest Financial Times survey has ranked us as 7th in the UK and 15th in Europe.
We know that world-class research alone is not enough, and we see that our original thinking is applied for impact across business and management, government and communities.
We provide world-class business and management education to undergraduates, postgraduates, experienced practitioners, and those with career orientated academic and research ambitions. Alliance MBS delivers original thinking and teaching, informed by the contemporary commercial environment.
Employability is embedded into the curriculum. The Alliance MBS Postgraduate Careers Service works closely with the University of Manchester’s Careers Service, allowing students to access the large number of organisations that attend campus events. The University is the number one most targeted UK University by leading graduate employers (The High Fliers Report, 2019).
- Alliance MBS is part of a small and select band of institutions worldwide which are accredited by all three major bodies - AACSB International, AMBA and EQUIS.
- The UK government body (HEFCE) ranks Alliance MBS teaching capabilities as ‘Excellent’, the highest category.
An international school:
- We have an extensive global network, with on-the-ground presence in Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and UAE.
- Our specialist masters courses combine academic excellence with a focus on real-world business and management practice. Plus, our students connect with classmates from more than 65 nationalities.
- Joining our student community and more than 300 specialists academic and research staff will help prepare graduates for the global business environment and today’s job market.
Programs taught in: